Baked Chops and Fries Recipe
Convenience items like frozen vegetables and a jar of cheese sauce make it a snap to assemble this comforting pork chop supper from Gregg Voss. "It's an easy meal-in-one," he writes from Emerson, Nebraska.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups frozen cottage fries
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt. In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and milk until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage fries and half of the onions. Layer with broccoli and pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chops and Fries in Quick Cooking
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Chops and Fries(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review