Baked Chops and Cottage Fries Recipe
Convenience items like frozen vegetables and a jar of cheese sauce make it a snap to assemble this comforting pork chop supper. It's a simple meal-in-one. —Gregg Voss, Emerson, Nebraska
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups frozen cottage fries
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt. In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and milk until blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage fries and half of the onions. Layer with broccoli and pork chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chops and Cottage Fries
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2016
"Only ok. I did make slight changes, used boneless ribs & mini tater tots, but rest was the same. Not gonna do it again."
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2011
"this was yummy."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC