Baked Chops and Cottage Fries Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups frozen cottage fries
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt. In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and milk until blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage fries and half of the onions. Layer with broccoli and pork chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chops and Cottage Fries
"Fries got soggy even though I put them only on top - will not make again."
"This turned out really well. It was even kind of pretty when it came out of the oven. Flavors were good. I couldn't find cottage fries, so I used natural cut potato fries instead. I'll definitely make it again."
"Only ok. I did make slight changes, used boneless ribs & mini tater tots, but rest was the same. Not gonna do it again."
"this was yummy."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.