Baked Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- CORN BREAD BISCUITS:
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, over medium heat, cook beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Beat egg, milk and sour cream until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer chili to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto hot chili. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chili(9)
Sort By :
I make this chili all the time - and all ways get rave reviews from family and friends. For those who like a little more kick, I add some sliced [from jar] jalapenos to their portion, or have some in a separate bowl for those who would like to add some.
This was awesome - thick and hearty. I did omit the corn and simmered it for an extra 20 mins but still great and much quicker to make than my other chilli recipes.
This is a family favorite. I make it without the corn and green chilies and serve it over rice. It is just great.
This recipe was good, but it was definitely missing the "kick" that chili usually has. I think the ingredients needed more time to simmer together. Try it in a crockpot. Does make great leftovers though :)
I love this recipe. The cornbread compliments the chili perfectly!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >