Baked Chicken with Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Pour pasta sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Baked Chicken with Pasta Sauce
Sort By :
This is a very good, very simple recipe. However, I changed a few things to suit it better to my taste. First, I used 3/4 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 monterey chicken seasoning. Also, I added just a bit of butter to the pan during baking to keep the chicken moist. Finally, I added just a bit of mexican style shredded cheese for a different flavor.
Overall, this is a great recipe and my wife loved it. I will definitely try it again!
Very easy and very tasty. I used mozzarella and also some 6 cheese Italian blend I had. Served over whole wheat spaghetti. A quick, easy version of chicken parmasan. Thanks for sharing!
This was really tasty! I cooked some fettuccine, then put it in a casserole dish sprayed with pan spray. Topped it with the baked chicken, then poured the pasta sauce over all, covered with cheese and extended the 2nd cooking time to 30 minutes instead of 12-14. The sauce and juices from the chicken ran into the pasta, giving it a great flavor boost. Mine doesn't look like the picture, but the variation worked well for us. Served it with a spinach salad topped with feta, sliced salami, and pepperoncini.
Even though we didn't have the seasoned bread crumbs, normal bread crumbs worked well too!