This easy Italian specialty makes a family-pleasing main course. Shared by Gert Kaiser of Kenosha, Wisconsin, it features delicious seasoned chicken breast halves in a flavorful pasta sauce and comes together in minutes.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Pour pasta sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken with Pasta Sauce in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p64
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Baked Chicken with Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review