- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Pour melted butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat. Place chicken, skin side down, in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces; bake and additional 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms in a nonstick skillet until tender. In a bowl, combine next five ingredients. Drain and discard chicken drippings. Cover chicken with onions, mushrooms and the soup mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Reduce heat to 325° Cover and bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
Sort By :
This is a simple recipe to make, I used chicken portions. My family loves it and I have served it to company. We like it with mashed potatoes