Baked Chicken with Milk Gravy Recipe
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 plum tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 5 teaspoons flour, salt, mustard and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Brush chicken with lemon juice, then sprinkle both wides with flour mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Arrange tomato, onion and mushrooms around chicken. Dot with butter; sprinkle with remaining pepper. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 3. Remove chicken and vegetables; keep warm. Pour pan drippings and loosened browned bits into a small saucepan. Stir milk into remaining flour until smooth; gradually stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 304 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Baked Chicken with Milk Gravy
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.