Baked Chicken with Milk Gravy Recipe
- 6 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 plum tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine 5 teaspoons flour, salt, mustard and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Brush chicken with lemon juice, then sprinkle both wides with flour mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange tomato, onion and mushrooms around chicken. Dot with butter; sprinkle with remaining pepper. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Remove chicken and vegetables; keep warm. Pour pan drippings and loosened browned bits into a small saucepan. Stir milk into remaining flour until smooth; gradually stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Chicken with Milk Gravy(3)
Sort By :
This was a good recipe, I used a whole lemon instead and it was bit strong so i would use less next time.
Family loved it.
I wasn't very impressed by this recipe. It wasn't bad, but just kind of blah. The chicken was bland and the flour coating remained soggy in the amount of cooking time listed. Also, boneless skinless chicken barely has any "drippings" after baking, since it is so lean, so there wasn't much to add to make the gravy. So-so.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >