Baked Chicken Quesadillas
"I created these after ordering something similar at a local restaurant," explains Deborah Hord of Concord, North Carolina. "My husband loves the crispy tortillas and spicy filling."
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives and chopped tomatoes, optional
- Coat one side of two tortillas with cooking spray; place coated side
- down on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with chicken, tomatoes
- and cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas; spritz tops with cooking
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- wedges. Garnish with lettuce, olives and tomatoes if desired. Yield:
- 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.