"I created these after ordering something similar at a local restaurant," explains Deborah Hord of Concord, North Carolina. "My husband loves the crispy tortillas and spicy filling."
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives and chopped tomatoes, optional
- Coat one side of two tortillas with cooking spray; place coated side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas; spritz tops with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Garnish with lettuce, olives and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken Quesadillas in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review