Baked Chicken Parmigiana
Spaghetti sauce mix is the secret to the flavorful breading in this entree from Trisha Lange. The Appleton, Wisconsin cook, tops juicy chicken breasts with prepared sauce and mozzarella cheese.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned or dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Dip chicken in
- salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Drizzle with spaghetti sauces and sprinkle with
- mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with plain bread crumbs, fat-free salad dressing and part-skim mozzarella) equals 272 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 20 carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.