Baked Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7-1/2 cups tortilla chips
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons diced pickled jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a small bowl. In the same skillet, saute the beans, garlic, oregano and cumin in remaining oil for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, pepper mixture, bean mixture, chicken, cheese, onions and cilantro. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and pickled jalapenos if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 221 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Nachos
"These were pretty good but I'd prefer sharp cheddar cheese to top them off with. Simple to put together."
"This was really good, a little to much chips for my liking. I will make it again but with less chips. I also added sliced black olives & grape tomatoes (halved)."
"This is fantastic! I have made it 3 times and everyone said it was a keeper. I serve with avocado and salsa. I just have to add, after making this about 6 times now, you can just add the chicken to the mixture in the skillet, as well as corn and green chili's. It is such a flexible and easy recipe that you can add or take out whatever you prefer. We used carne asada for one of the batches too"
"These had good flavor, but we found them a little dry."
"This is taking the place of a Botana that I used to make. This is actually easier and much better! Don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Thanks for the recipe. It's the best! Made it for friends and they loved it, too. Two thumbs up!"
"quick and delicious"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.