Here’s a colorful party appetizer that’s delicious and so simple. Rotisserie (or leftover) chicken keeps it quick, and the seasonings and splash of lime juice lend fantastic flavor. My husband likes this snack so much that he often requests it for dinner! —Gail Cawsey, Fawnskin, California
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7-1/2 cups tortilla chips
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons diced pickled jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a small bowl. In the same skillet, saute the beans, garlic, oregano and cumin in remaining oil for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, pepper mixture, bean mixture, chicken, cheese, onions and cilantro. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and pickled jalapenos if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken Nachos in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review