Baked Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipe
Martha St. Clair of Salem, Illinois writes, “I got this recipe from a ladies' circle years ago, and have had many requests for it.” The great-great-grandmother adds, “It's a real crowd pleaser, and I know, because my family is a crowd!”
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cups herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Toss the stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 438 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,177 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC