Baked Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cups herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Toss the stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Sort By :
I made this recently with several changes to the original recipe which greatly lowered the fat content. I omitted water chestnuts, mushrooms, pepper, and pimientos just because those ingredients are not appealing to both my husband and I, and I used just a little bit of soy sauce. I cut the recipe in half and used 10 oz. of 97% fat free canned chicken breast, fat free chicken broth, and 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. I used regular cheddar cheese, but would try reduced fat if I had it on hand. I also used light butter. Both my husband and I liked it a lot so I will definitely make it again. It was delicious and very easy to make. I'm sure it would be a hit at a potluck!