- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cups herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Toss the stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Sort By :
"I made this recently with several changes to the original recipe which greatly lowered the fat content. I omitted water chestnuts, mushrooms, pepper, and pimientos just because those ingredients are not appealing to both my husband and I, and I used just a little bit of soy sauce. I cut the recipe in half and used 10 oz. of 97% fat free canned chicken breast, fat free chicken broth, and 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. I used regular cheddar cheese, but would try reduced fat if I had it on hand. I also used light butter. Both my husband and I liked it a lot so I will definitely make it again. It was delicious and very easy to make. I'm sure it would be a hit at a potluck!"
"Another way to print only a recipe is to highlight what you want (leave it highlighted) right click and choose print.When the print box comes up on the left click selection and print. It will only print what you have highlighted.It will not eliminate all extras but most.Say if you want to have the recipe title printed it will likely highlight the picture too and print.If you dont mind handwriting the title you can print just the recipe and instructions etc.That way you do not have to put to a doc or save in any way. Just keep in mind depending on how some sites are set up you may have to print a tiny bit more than you would like but eliminate probably 80% or more of the things you dont want like ads, comments etc.."
"Very good! Only had one can of Cream of Mushroom soup so I also used a can of Cream of Potato. Seemed to work well! Everyone loved it!"
"LIV 54 - love your document idea !!"
"Great casserole. Good for church potlucks."