I can't remember when or where I found this recipe, but I've used it nearly every week since. We like it with hot sauce for added spice. -Amy Trinkle of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken Fajitas in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p29
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review