- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"This recipe was quick and good. I enjoyed being able to just throw it together and put it in the oven when i was ready to eat! I added some zuccini fresh from my garden."
"I loved this. As another person said, there isn't QUITE as much spice as other fajita recipes, but that's what I liked about this one. I can't eat spicy food, and it was easy to dial back on the chili powder. Plus, all the other spices weren't overpowering. It felt like you could taste the peppers and tomatoes better because of this. My husband also loved it, he even licked his fingers when he was done! We will definitely be using this easy recipe again."
"Good, but thought the fajitas could have used a little more flavor!"
"I have never liked the fajitas I've made at home until I found this recipe. It's fantastic and so easy! I made my own whole wheat tortillas while it baked. [My only change was adding a sliced fresh jalepeno pepper to the mix. Yum!]"
"I used a bit more oil and put everything in a ziplock bag. I let it marinate for a day or more before I throw it in a pan. Easy and quick to do ahead. I have taken the bag to a friend with all the fixings when she had a boby. Easy."