- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Fajitas
"This was probably the best and by far the easiest fajita recipe I've ever tried! Using all the fresh rather than frozen veggies was awesome, and I absolutely loved putting it in the oven so I could go do something else instead of stirring endlessly on the stovetop or having to pre-cook the meat. It's definitely a time-saver! My family doesn't care for their veggies "crisp-tender," so I didn't drain the tomatoes to keep it moist and added an extra 10 minutes to the cooking time to make the veggies just a bit more done to our liking. I served it with tomatoes, lettuce, fat-free sour cream, shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, and taco sauce for toppings, as well as Spanish rice and fat-free refried beans to add on top or to serve on the side. Delicious and filling!"
"Love how easy this recipe is. I tend not to add the salt and add 1/2t garlic powder and 1/2t oregano."
"Easy and delicious."
"Great taste! My picky daughter even enjoyed it! Easier than preparing on the stove top."
"Very easy and delicious! Great flavor! If you wanted a little less spice you could use plain diced tomatoes."
"A working or busy Mom's kind of dish. Easy peasy and most importantly tasty too!"
"We loved this, so easy & yummy! Will be making this one again! Thanks!"
"This was easy and delicious. I had to make something quick and had most of these ingredients on hand. I had to substitute salsa for the tomatoes, but thought it did the trick."
"Loved it! The simplicity is the best part."
"This is a weeknight staple for us & I love that it only requires one dish -- fast, easy, & so yummy!I love it so much, I shared about making my version, in a recent blog post:http://mydarlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/05/make-baked-chicken-fajitas.html?_sm_au_=iVVs0PcHkMckLSMr"