Baked Chicken Enchiladas
These are great for a family dinner or party. I've also cut the baked enchiladas into three sections and served them as appetizers with chips and salsa.—Elaine Anderson, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Prepare enchilada sauce according to package directions. In a large
- bowl, combine 1/2 cup prepared sauce, chicken, 1 cup of cheese,
- olives, 1/3 cup of tomatoes, green pepper and onion.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of chicken mixture down the center of each
- tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Top with lettuce and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 505 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,799 mg sodium,