Baked Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. Prepare enchilada sauce according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup prepared sauce, chicken, 1 cup of cheese, olives, 1/3 cup of tomatoes, green pepper and onion.
- 2. Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving: 505 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1799mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Baked Chicken Enchiladas
"I loved this recipe and so did my husband! Though I only made 7, not 10."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.