These are great for a family dinner or party. I've also cut the baked enchiladas into three sections and served them as appetizers with chips and salsa.—Elaine Anderson, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Prepare enchilada sauce according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup prepared sauce, chicken, 1 cup of cheese, olives, 1/3 cup of tomatoes, green pepper and onion.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Enchiladas in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p297
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2009
"I loved this recipe and so did my husband! Though I only made 7, not 10."