These are great for a family dinner or party. I've also cut the baked enchiladas into three sections and served them as appetizers with chips and salsa.—Elaine Anderson, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Prepare enchilada sauce according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup prepared sauce, chicken, 1 cup of cheese, olives, 1/3 cup of tomatoes, green pepper and onion.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Enchiladas in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p297
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2009
"I loved this recipe and so did my husband! Though I only made 7, not 10."