- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Prepare enchilada sauce according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup prepared sauce, chicken, 1 cup of cheese, olives, 1/3 cup of tomatoes, green pepper and onion.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Enchiladas
"My husband and I love this recipe, though I make a few modifications: My husband is a BIG eater so I add more chicken and usually make about 12, any leftovers are great the next day for lunch so I don't mind! I also use a packet of liquid, ready to use, enchilada sauce, either red or green, we've tried both and both are delicious, cuts down on prep time. I also like to use red pepper instead of green, I prefer the flavor of the red. We like to eat with homemade guacamole and light sour cream as well. To make healthier, I skip the cheese inside the wrap and just melt a little on top - we don't really notice a difference anyway. Great recipe, we will continue to enjoy!"
"I loved this recipe and so did my husband! Though I only made 7, not 10."