Baked Chicken Egg Rolls
“Chinese take-out can be high in sodium, fat and calories, so these crispy appetizers are a nice alternative. Whenever my husband craves a take-out egg roll, I make these instead,” shares Barbra Annino of Galena, Illinois.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place 1/4 cup
- chicken mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom
- corner over filling; fold sides toward center. Moisten remaining
- corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining
- wrappers and filling.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for
- 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 egg roll equals 140 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a