Baked Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 2. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
1 each: 140 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Baked Chicken Egg Rolls
"Easy to make & delicious!"
"These tasted so good. I used to work in a Chinese restaurant that had the best egg rolls. Since moving to North Carolina the egg rolls I have had here just are so bland. These have a very similar flavor to the ones I fell in love with. The only thing I did differently is I used the broccoli slaw mix found in the fresh produce section of the grocery store instead of broccoli stir fry mix, because the slaw mix is shredded."
"this is a great recipe. i liked that idea tobake rather then fry the eggrolls. i would use ground pork rather then chicken for a different twist on this recipe"
"only thing i did diffrent is i got the cabbage mix pre package and added that also"
"I am so glad to see this recipe! We love egg rolls & how convenient to make them at home with little cost! I am going to try using soft shells like I was going to make taco's. Hope it works or, turns out good!"
"had to hit the required areas....I would make these again..and have been for about 15 years now....but I use 4% ground beef, minced onion, finely chopped celery ribs, shredded carrots and shredded cabbage and only pepper as the seasoning....and we dip them in green taco sauce...not a big fan of soy sauce....so that never goes into my eggroll meat...so way less sodium for us..."
"These were great . The whole family loved them. I used bbq oriental style pork instead of chicken."
"very healthy thanks!"
"I always deep fry mine. Can't wait to try this. Sounds alot healthier. Happy CookingGizmogirl"
"I made one batch with chicken and one with bulk pork sausage. Both were great! I also used my own homemade egg roll wrappers- turned out great!"
"Thought these were fast, easy & very tasty. Am making them again tonight with leftover turkey."
"do you like eggrolls?"
"I can't wait to make these. They look great! I love eggrolls."
"Will definitely try."
"I WILL TRY FOR A QUICK DINNER."
"I don't like messing with hot grease. This is one I will try for my family."
"This is super great news! I'm Asian and been frying egg rolls most of my life. Change is wonderful and healthy. thanks."
"I actually fried these. After having them baked, I missed the restaurant style. I also added 2 cups of shredded cabbage, and 1/3 cup shredded carrots to this. I sealed the roll with egg white."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer