- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each with prosciutto and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
"This was a very simple recipe that I enjoyed! I think the next time I should pound out my chicken a little more it was my first time doing that. I made it just the way the recipe told me to and I will make this again perhaps try some suggestions below too! Wonderful job!"
"Quick and easy! I love the frozen versions of chicken Cordon Bleu but this is so easy to make that I'd rather make my own!! Very tasty and a keeper!"
"Cordon Bleu can be difficult but this recipe was simple and delicious. Make sure the meat is really thin and make sure the cheese is condensed and sealed in or it will melt out the sides."
"This recipie really deserves more than 5 stars! It is phenomenal! I never really cared for cordon bleu, but truly loved this. My husband is itallian and very picky about his "italian inspired" recipies, but he absolutely loved this and has asked that I make it over and over again. I used a tiny amount of butter to pour over the breadcrumbs on top and that has seemed to help keep the chicken nice and moist. Goes great with noodles, a light white sauce, salad, a little bread and a little wine. Truly tastes like an expensive dinner and it whips up in no time!"
"Easy to make and extremely tasty."
"Very easy and quick to make and tastes great"
"The best cordon bleu w/o the bleu! Loved the asiago with the prosciutto!. Given recipe to many others!"
"I found shredded Asiago at Walmart, but when I compared the calories (and price) with bleu cheese I went with the bleu. It was still delicious but had a stronger flavor than the asiago would."
"I added portobello mushrooms and had to use Italian Style Blend shredded cheese(Unable to locate a shredded Asigo) This was one of the best chicken dishes I have ever had."