- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Chicken Chimichangas
"I substituted ground beef for the chicken. These turned out great and even my pickiest eaters loved them."
"These are awesome!! Easy to make and great flavor. Thanks for the recipe."
"These were very good! My kids ate them in record time and asked if there would be any leftovers! This makes a great dinner when you're pressed for time. It came together so fast! I used rotisserie chicken breast that I picked up marked down half price at Kroger, so it made for a cheap meal, too. Adding the sauce over the top at the end was a nice way to keep them from being too crispy. I just added a little sour cream when I served it, and it was great! Some fat-free refried beans and some Spanish rice on the side would make this a great Mexican meal!"
"I make these all the time. They are delicious and so easy to make."
"I was not expecting them to be so tasty. I did substitute 3/4 c. of medium taco sauce for 3/4 c. of the picante sauce as I did not have enough. Perhaps that was the secret ingredient to make them so tasty!"
"Loved this dish! Had 3 guests at my house for this meal and hey also loved it. Great flavor."
"Love chimis and the idea of baking, but wasn't a big hit. Flavor wasn't what was expected."
"Yummy! I used whole wheat tortillas for me and flour tortillas for my hubby. His were crispy, but the whole wheat tortillas did not crisp up. But they were still very good nonetheless!"