Baked Chicken Chimichangas
I developed this quick and easy recipe through trial and error. I used to garnish with sour cream, too, but eliminated it in order to lighten the recipe. My friends all love it when I cook these, and they're much healthier than fried chimichangas. —Rickey Madden, Clinton, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup
- picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2
- cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends
- over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in.
- baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with
- remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chimichanga equals 269 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.