- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Chimichangas
"Loved this dish! Had 3 guests at my house for this meal and hey also loved it. Great flavor."
"Love chimis and the idea of baking, but wasn't a big hit. Flavor wasn't what was expected."
"Yummy! I used whole wheat tortillas for me and flour tortillas for my hubby. His were crispy, but the whole wheat tortillas did not crisp up. But they were still very good nonetheless!"
"Very good way to use leftover chicken, very tastey. My family loved it. Thank You! LeeAnn Treacher"