- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush each tortilla with oil; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place chicken, tomatoes and seasonings in a large skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Spoon over tortillas. Bake 15-18 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted. Top with cabbage. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Chalupas
"So quick and easy! A nice alternative to flour tortillas. Like pizza, the ingredients are infinitely interchangeable - beef or ham for the chicken, spinach for the cabbage, sweet or hot peppers for the green chillies, etc."
"Easy and very tasty. This is a great weeknight dinner and was a big hit with my kids."
"These were yummy and easy to prepare. Garnished with guacamole and sour cream."