Baked Chicken Breasts Supreme
Perfect for a busy day, this saucy main dish can be prepared a day ahead and baked before serving. My brothers don't want me to make anything else when they come to dinner! Leftovers are great for sandwiches or sliced with potato salad. Marjorie Scott, Sardis, British Columbia
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first eight ingredients;
- add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drain and remove chicken from
- marinade; coat each piece with crumbs.
- Arrange on a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/4 skim milk; also, 271 calories, 293 mg sodium, 76 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 32 gm protein, 5 gm fat.