- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drain and remove chicken from marinade; coat each piece with crumbs.
- Arrange on a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Breasts Supreme
"We loved this chicken. I cut the recipe in half and added 1/2 tsp. onion powder plus 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic to the marinade. I did use a large clove of garlic in the marinade and used plain low fat Greek yogurt. I marinated the chicken for 8 hours. For the coating, I used 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs that I toasted under the broiler, then stirred in 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs. The chicken breasts I used were cooked through in 35 minutes baking them @ 350 degrees. They were moist, juicy and full of flavor. I'll definitely be making this again."
"Based on a previous review, I cut the yogurt and lemon juice in half, keeping the rest the same, to add more flavor, and also was using 1 lb chicken. Used seasoned bread crumbs also; probably would have had plenty of flavor even without. Marinated about 5 hrs. Turned out very moist and full of flavor."
"The breading never browned and was mushy."
"I wound up marinating mine for a little under 48 hours, and it wasn't as flavorful as I'd hoped."