Perfect for a busy day, this saucy main dish can be prepared a day ahead and baked before serving. My brothers don't want me to make anything else when they come to dinner! Leftovers are great for sandwiches or sliced with potato salad. —Marjorie Scott, Sardis, British Columbia
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drain and remove chicken from marinade; coat each piece with crumbs.
- Arrange on a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken Breasts Supreme in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Breasts Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review