- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drain and remove chicken from marinade; coat each piece with crumbs.
- Arrange on a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Breasts Supreme
Sort By :
"We loved this chicken. I cut the recipe in half and added 1/2 tsp. onion powder plus 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic to the marinade. I did use a large clove of garlic in the marinade and used plain low fat Greek yogurt. I marinated the chicken for 8 hours. For the coating, I used 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs that I toasted under the broiler, then stirred in 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs. The chicken breasts I used were cooked through in 35 minutes baking them @ 350 degrees. They were moist, juicy and full of flavor. I'll definitely be making this again."
"This was really good. The marinade infused the chicken well and it was easy to make."
"Based on a previous review, I cut the yogurt and lemon juice in half, keeping the rest the same, to add more flavor, and also was using 1 lb chicken. Used seasoned bread crumbs also; probably would have had plenty of flavor even without. Marinated about 5 hrs. Turned out very moist and full of flavor."
"The breading never browned and was mushy."
"I wound up marinating mine for a little under 48 hours, and it wasn't as flavorful as I'd hoped."