Baked Chicken Breast
Give Joy Beck's Salt Substiture (above) a try on this quick-to-fix chicken dish from our Test Kitchen. It's sure to put a feather in your cap at dinnertime!
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 chicken breast quarters (10 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Salt Substitute (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Loosen chicken skin; rub salt substitute under skin and over skin if
- desired. Place skin side up in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Brush with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-50
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 ounces cooked chicken, skin removed) equals 203 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.