Baked Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Arrange chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add the sherry or broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken and Mushrooms
Sort By :
"This recipe tastes average. Although it is a creative recipe that is very easy to make, it needs more flavor. Bacon? Additional spices? It needs something added to it."
"Simple and delicious!"
"Fantastic! This dish was so tasty that we went back for seconds! I will definitely make again very soon!"
"I loved it! The chicken was very moist and amazing flavors. My husband said any restaurant could.serve it with a great success."
"Absolutely delicious. My children loved it. I've passed down to other friends and they agreed - "it's the best dish" even for dieter too."