I made up this dish years ago, and it still remains a family favorite. It's a fast and healthy weeknight meal, but the fresh mushrooms and sherry make it special enough for a weekend dinner party. -Lise Prestine of South Bend, Indiana
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Arrange chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add the sherry or broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken and Mushrooms in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken and Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review