Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, whisk flour and water until smooth. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken(6)
Sort By :
I made this and no one in the family ate the chicken.
I made this and no one in the family ate the chicken. If I were to ever make again I would leave the onion out of the recipe and I would not thicken the sauce. I think it would be better if the chicken could adsorb the sauce while marinading. The onion was so over powering it gave a liver and onion flavor.
I love this recipe and make it often. It's so easy and the chicken turns out very juicy and flavorful. Can't miss.
I made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was a hit! I had to double the recipe for the number of people present. The chicken was very moist and tender, and the sauce was not overpowering, just enough to add a nice flavor. The aroma as it baked was wonderful! This will be one of my "go to" recipes1
I am going to fix for dinner 5/24 It sounds great Thanks