- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, whisk flour and water until smooth. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken
Sort By :
"This chicken was just okay. The sauce wasn't all that flavorful in my opinion, and the chicken just tasted like chicken with little or no boost of taste from the sauce. I've got recipes for oven barbecued chicken that are a lot more flavorful. I"
"I made this chicken one night for supper. My family enjoyed it. I thought the sauce was great! It was fast to put together and turned out well."
"I made this and no one in the family ate the chicken."
"I made this and no one in the family ate the chicken. If I were to ever make again I would leave the onion out of the recipe and I would not thicken the sauce. I think it would be better if the chicken could adsorb the sauce while marinading. The onion was so over powering it gave a liver and onion flavor."
"I love this recipe and make it often. It's so easy and the chicken turns out very juicy and flavorful. Can't miss."