Baked Cherry Pudding Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherries, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cherry Pudding
Sort By :
"My husband ate half of it when he got home from work - couldn't wait for me to make fresh whipped cream. Couldn't even wait to have dinner first! Will definitely make this easy dessert again. And it came out fine in a 9x9 pan (all I had)"
"I substituted the cherries for a can of wildberry. It was great ! I will try again next time with cherries."
"I made this for my step-brother visiting from California. He likes cherries and Mom already made cherry pie so I searched for another recipe. This was a huge hit! My step-brother's comments were, "You could market this! I'd buy it for sure!" Very simple to make and great with a dollop of whip cream!"