Baked Cherry Pudding Recipe
Our mother's recipes pleased all six of her children. One of my brothers was especially fond of her cherry pudding. Every time he came home, Mom would bake this cake-like treat. Now, I surprise him with it whenever he visits me.
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cherries, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 376 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC