Baked Cherry Pudding
Our mother's recipes pleased all six of her children. One of my brothers was especially fond of her cherry pudding. Every time he came home, Mom would bake this cake-like treat. Now, I surprise him with it whenever he visits me.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and
- salt. Stir in milk. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherries, butter and remaining
- sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar
- is dissolved. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes
- or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 376 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.