Our mother's recipes pleased all six of her children. One of my brothers was especially fond of her cherry pudding. Every time he came home, Mom would bake this cake-like treat. Now, I surprise him with it whenever he visits me.
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherries, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Cherry Pudding in Country Woman March/April 2005, p31
Reviews for Baked Cherry Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review