These crumbly treats have a shortbread-like crust and a gooey cherry, coconut and chopped nut filling that makes them a favorite with family and friends.—Kathleen Hackford, West Seneca, New York
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup quartered maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add the egg mixture. Stir in nuts, coconut and cherries. Spread over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Coconut Bars in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p11
Reviews for Baked Cherry Coconut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review