- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
"I do this all the time, (without the cheese though) but without the oven. On medium heat, I add the eggs & put the lid on the skillet. After a minute or two, I add an ounce or so of cold water, recover & when the eggs are soft basted, it's time to eat!"
"We loved this. I made half the recipe and subbed some frozen hashbrown potatoes that I needed to use up. I love one pan meals!"
"Very tasty!! I will make this again for sure!"
"My 5 year old wouldn't eat the eggs, but that's only because he only likes scrambled eggs or quiche, but my husband and I loved it. I will definitely make it again and I like that it's versatile: onions, peppers, sausage or bacon could easily be added if desired."
"The whole family loves this dish. Super easy to make on one of those busy nights."
"Delicious and easy! And it also looked fantastic! Thinking about adding chopped up bacon in it the next time"
"It was easy to make and tasted good."
"Nice mild flavor; my kids ate it without complaint. I put some hot sauce on mine."
"this was delicious great flavor. my husband and I like our meat so I cooked about 5 slices of bacon in pan 1st then did. next time I want to try ham thanks for the recipe.."