Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes(8)
Sort By :
I LOVE this recipe! I used baked potatoes from the night before...they fry up fast and are a great way to use up leftovers...I also used dried cilantro since I didn't have any parsley. This is so easy...a go to recipe for sure...think I'll add bacon next time...but it is excellent without it!
As soon as you figure out just how to get the eggs done right, this dish becomes a regular! I like to saute ham, peppers and onions and add them to the mix.
I've made this a few times after seeing it in the magazine. HOLY COW is it good! It has taken me a few tries to know exactly how long to cook it to get to the eggs to the desired doneness but once I found that "sweet spot", I was totally in love!
I make this a lot from a recipe of my mom's. It's almost the same except I scramble the eggs and throw in leftover ham or corned beef (if there is any). I don't bake it, just do the skillet thing. Sometimes I'll splurge and use bacon. I love it. It's so filling that if I have this for "brunch," I don't need to eat supper.
I do something similar to this only add bacon(or sometimes sausage), green peppers and onion. It always taste great and is pretty quick to make
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >