Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes Recipe
I love breakfast for dinner, especially this combo of eggs with potatoes and cheese started in a skillet and then popped in the oven to bake. It’s a perfect meal-in-one. Of course it works for breakfast, too. —Nadine Merheb, Tucson, Arizona
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- 2. Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 395 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 461 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC