- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
"Delicious and easy! And it also looked fantastic! Thinking about adding chopped up bacon in it the next time"
"It was easy to make and tasted good."
"Nice mild flavor; my kids ate it without complaint. I put some hot sauce on mine."
"Was a great breakfast. Fast and easy, and only 1 pan to clean up! Cut the recipe in half as it is just my husband and me. Will definitely make again!"
"this was delicious great flavor. my husband and I like our meat so I cooked about 5 slices of bacon in pan 1st then did. next time I want to try ham thanks for the recipe.."