Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
Sort By :
Add smoked sausage.... hubby's favorite breakfast.
I just made this for the first time. I sautéed some peppers with the potatoes and it came out amazing. This is my new favorite.
I have made this recipe, but instead just put a cover over the pan after adding the eggs, no need for heating up the oven on a hot day.
I LOVE this recipe! I used baked potatoes from the night before...they fry up fast and are a great way to use up leftovers...I also used dried cilantro since I didn't have any parsley. This is so easy...a go to recipe for sure...think I'll add bacon next time...but it is excellent without it!
As soon as you figure out just how to get the eggs done right, this dish becomes a regular! I like to saute ham, peppers and onions and add them to the mix.