- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
Sort By :
"Made this for Valentine brunch. We loved this-very good. I added some onion to the leftover baked potatoes I used. Will definitely make this again! Will add some peppers next time."
"I used a mix of fresh chopped cilantro with the parsley & sprinkled cheese with paprika. Delicious."
"Add smoked sausage.... hubby's favorite breakfast."
"I just made this for the first time. I sautéed some peppers with the potatoes and it came out amazing. This is my new favorite."
"I have made this recipe, but instead just put a cover over the pan after adding the eggs, no need for heating up the oven on a hot day."