- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
Sort By :
"Loved this! I added onion and peppers to the potatoes, but next time I'll wait until the potatoes are almost done because the onion and peppers got a bit too brown. I popped some bacon in the oven while this was cooking and served with toast. So good!"
"My husband loves this. I make it often."
"I used Potatoes O''Brien by Ore Ida in place of red potatoes. Just make sure the potatoes are soft before putting eggs in. Turned out real good!"
"Made this for Valentine brunch. We loved this-very good. I added some onion to the leftover baked potatoes I used. Will definitely make this again! Will add some peppers next time."
"I used a mix of fresh chopped cilantro with the parsley & sprinkled cheese with paprika. Delicious."