Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
I've made this a few times after seeing it in the magazine. HOLY COW is it good! It has taken me a few tries to know exactly how long to cook it to get to the eggs to the desired doneness but once I found that "sweet spot", I was totally in love!
I make this a lot from a recipe of my mom's. It's almost the same except I scramble the eggs and throw in leftover ham or corned beef (if there is any). I don't bake it, just do the skillet thing. Sometimes I'll splurge and use bacon. I love it. It's so filling that if I have this for "brunch," I don't need to eat supper.
I do something similar to this only add bacon(or sometimes sausage), green peppers and onion. It always taste great and is pretty quick to make
This was a pretty good recipe. I enjoyed the potatoes alot.
I really liked this a lot. I was kind of skeptical as I was cooking it, but it surprised me in a good way!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >