- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
Sort By :
"Was a great breakfast. Fast and easy, and only 1 pan to clean up! Cut the recipe in half as it is just my husband and me. Will definitely make again!"
"this was delicious great flavor. my husband and I like our meat so I cooked about 5 slices of bacon in pan 1st then did. next time I want to try ham thanks for the recipe.."
"Loved this! I added onion and peppers to the potatoes, but next time I'll wait until the potatoes are almost done because the onion and peppers got a bit too brown. I popped some bacon in the oven while this was cooking and served with toast. So good!"
"My husband loves this. I make it often."
"I used Potatoes O''Brien by Ore Ida in place of red potatoes. Just make sure the potatoes are soft before putting eggs in. Turned out real good!"