Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and mayonnaise until blended. Fold in bacon and 3 cups of cheddar cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with crackers. Yield: 7 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 79 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread
"This went over great on Christmas Eve. I cut the recipe in half and had plenty of spread. It was wonderful and so easy to make!"
"Big hit with the men in my family (of course, like my father says, how can you go wrong with cheese and bacon?)"
"I took this to christmas and everyone loved it now this dip will be a holiday regular. I did add parmesan cheese to it also. So good tho."
"Fabulous! I was told to bring an appetizer for a family dinner party! It went over well, by all, kids to grandparents!"
"Made this dip for the first time for a pot luck at work. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe."
"Do you serve this warm, or hot from the oven? Or a room temp?"