I created this recipe myself. The cheddar cheese and bread crumb topping makes it a pretty casserole for a holiday dinner. You can easily double the amounts if you’re having a larger group.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until
- onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the
- cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss
- with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10
- minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 170 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.