Baked Cauliflower Recipe
I created this recipe myself. The cheddar cheese and bread crumb topping makes it a pretty casserole for a holiday dinner. You can easily double the amounts if you’re having a larger group.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 170 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC