- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Cauliflower
Sort By :
"I used fresh cauliflower and microwaved it in a bit of water for a few minutes. This recipe was just okay for us. Will not make again as I have another recipe we prefer."
"My picky daughter loved this recipe and has asked for it again.. Winner all the way around"
"I used fresh cauliflower. I cooked it in water for 5 to 6 mins. before I added it to the sauce pan. This was easy to make."