These golden baked fillets have the delicious crunch of batter-fried catfish without the extra calories or prep time. A dash of lemon juice or salsa complements the mild fish nicely.—Kay Bell, Palestine, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, celery salt, onion powder,
- paprika and pepper. Brush the fish fillets with butter; coat with
- crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.