Baked Carrot Casserole Recipe
This recipe originally called for sweet potatoes, but I've substituted carrots. I think it's wonderful and have received many compliments on it.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut. Sprinkle over carrot mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 414 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Carrot Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC