Baked Carrot Casserole
This recipe originally called for sweet potatoes, but I've substituted carrots. I think it's wonderful and have received many compliments on it.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; place in a
- greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in
- butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut. Sprinkle over carrot
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 414 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.