This is our favorite way to serve catfish. I've made this with half of the spices at first. Then my family got older, I doubled the spices. —Wendy Stenman
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; brush over both sides of fish.
- Place fish in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Baked Catfish in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p158
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Cajun Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2014
"Absolutely delicious as written! So quick and easy too."
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"Phenomenal! What a great and healthy way to prepare catfish!"