This is our favorite way to serve catfish. I've made this with half of the spices at first. Then my family got older, I doubled the spices. —Wendy Stenman
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; brush over both sides of fish.
- Place fish in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Baked Catfish in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p158
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Cajun Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2014
"Absolutely delicious as written! So quick and easy too."
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"Phenomenal! What a great and healthy way to prepare catfish!"