Heidi Vawdrey takes advantage of fabulous fall produce by baking up this scrumptious side dish in Riverton, Utah. Lightly seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar, the squash offers plenty of harvest-fresh flavor.
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Brush squash halves with butter. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over squash halves. Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar in each half. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over cut sides of squash.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-25 minutes longer until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Butternut Squash in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p21
Reviews for Baked Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review