- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Brush squash halves with butter. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over squash halves. Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar in each half. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over cut sides of squash.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-25 minutes longer until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Butternut Squash
Sort By :
Baked the recommended time and then added the additional time as mentioned in the recipe. It was still hard as a rock. Cut t up in bites and MW'd for 10 minutes, cut it into bites and fed it to the 5 dogs (they need veggies too.
Great taste. I peel and chunk then toss with butter and spices. Roast 400* approx 35 min.
This was excellant just the way it was!
I thought this turned out perfect. I will definitely make again with other types of squash.
I changed this recipe just a tad, by peeling the squash, and cutting it into 2 inch cubes. I used acorn squash in place of the butternut a few times and it came out great. The guys at my husbands deer camp think this is a fantastic recipe.