- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 slices bread
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 12 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spread mustard on one side of six slices of bread. Layer the ham, cheese and tomato over mustard; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of the sandwiches; cut in half. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Brunch Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p29
Reviews for Baked Brunch Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2011
"So this is a great recipe that you can mess with. You can use turkey or bacon, fruit or different veggies.love itmy only qualm is this: the egg mixture did not cover all of the bottom of the sandwhiches. Maybe next time i will increase the egg mixture."
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2011
"Easy and filling!!! Love having these for breakfast!"