Baked Brown Sugar Oatmeal
My mom liked this recipe because it was quick and easy and made enough to fill up all seven of us hungry kids. Now I prepare it for my own family of five.—Kathy Smith, Butler, Indiana
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups canola oil
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- Additional milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake,
- uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve with additional milk.
- Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 664 calories, 32 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.