"Broccoli is my favorite vegetable, but I heard about broccolini and wanted to try it out. This is really tasty and I think other kids will love it."
Katie Helliwell, Hinsdale, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound Broccolini or broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place Broccolini in a greased 15x10x1-in.
- baking pan. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over
- Broccolini and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.